Inroduction. Due to the fact that the reform of the healthcare system in Ukraine is in transition phase at the moment and, in addition, from April 1, 2020 changes are introduced at the second level of healthcare, it is advisable to describe the current state of medical reform in Ukraine, plans and prospects for further implementation and development, as well as the establishment of the features of various health financing systems and comparing the level of expenditures on the medical industry between countries, experience of which should be taken into account.
Materials and Methods. The article uses the reports of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and the analytical materials of medical experts. In addition, when analyzing various models of financing the health system and their features, quantitative indicators of expenditures of the countries surveyed are used. A comparison is made of the level of expenditures on the health care system between Ukraine and some European countries: Great Britain, the Czech Republic, Poland and Germany.
Discussion. The main achievements of the first stage of the health care reform and plans for further changes are described. The strengths and weaknesses of each model of financing the health system are identified. It is proved that the level of government spending on the health care system in Ukraine is the smallest among the other countries examined, but one of the largest in terms of payments out of pocket. In addition, a model has been established for financing the health care system in Ukraine, which most fully meets it in modern conditions.
2. The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. Regulation No. 1013-p [“Pro shvalennya Kontseptsiyi reformy finansuvannya sistemy ohoroni zdorov'ya”]. Retrieved from: https://www. kmu. gov. ua/ npas/249626689
3. Vakhitova G, Obrizan M, Sologub I, Shapoval N, Yavorsky P. Inefficiencies in the Ukrainian healthcare: do we get the value for money? Vox Ukraine. 2019, June. Retrieved from: https://voxukraine.org/en/inefficiencies-in-the-ukrainian-healthcare-do-we-get-the-value-for-money/
4. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Law of Ukraine 2168-VIII [“Pro derzhavni finansovi garantiyi medichnogo obslugovuvannya naselennya”]. Retrieved from: https://zakon. rada.gov. ua / laws/ show/2168-19
5. Yurochko TP, Bubenchikova S. [Reformuvannya ta rozvitok sistemy ohoroni zdorov’ya v Ukrayini]. The Coalition Reanimation Package of Reforms. 2019, April. Retrieved from: https://rpr.org.ua/wp-content%20/uploads/2019/04/ Fin11.Toronto_Ohorona_zdorovya.pdf
6. The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. Human capital development / Health care system reform. Retrieved from: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/en/reformi/rozvitok-lyudskogo-kapitalu/reforma-sistemi-ohoroni-zdorovya
7. Ministry of Health. [Yaki zminy chekayut na patsientiv ta medikiv z 2020 roku]. 2019, July. Retrieved from: https://moz.gov.ua/article/reform-plan/jaki-zmini-chekajut-na-pacientiv-ta-medikiv-z-2020-roku--
8. Karpyshyn NI, Komunitska MP. [Klasichni modeli fInansovogo zabezpechennya ohoroni zdorov’ya]. Svit financiv. 2008; 1 (14), ISSN 1818-5754:110-117.
9. Omelyanovsky VV, Maksimova LV, Tatarinov AP. [Zarubezhnyi opyt: modeli finansirovaniya i organizatsii sistem zdravoohraneniya] Financial journal №3. July-September 2014; ISSN 2658-5332: 22-34.
10. Buswell Gary. Healthcare in the UK: a guide to the NHS and the UK healthcare system. Expatica. 2020, January. Retrieved from: https://www.expatica.com/uk/healthcare/healthcare-basics/the-national-health-service-and-health-insurance-in-the-uk-109205
11. Institute of Health Information and Statistics of the Czech Republic. Zdravotnická ročenka České republiky 2016. ÚZIS ČR. 2017; ISSN 1210-9991:161-173. Retrieved from: https:// www.uzis.cz/sites/default/files/knihovna/zdrroccz2016.pdf
12. Sagan A, Panteli D, Borkowski W, Dmowski M, Domanski F, Czyzewski M, Gorynski P, Karpacka D, Kiersztyn E, Kowalska I, Ksiezak M, Kuszewski K, Leśniewska A, Lipska I, Maciąg R, Madowicz J, Mądra A, Marek M, Mokrzycka A, Poznański D, Sobczak A, Sowada C, Świderek M, Terka A, Trzeciak P, Wiktorzak K, Włodarczyk C, Wojtyniak B, Wrześniewska-Wal I, Zelwiańska D, Busse R. Poland health system review. Health Systems in Transition, 2011; 13(8):55-88. Retrieved from: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf _file/0018/ 1630 53/e9644 3.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.