Introduction. Odontopreparation is an integral step in orthopedic dental treatment with non-removable orthopedic constructions. Correctly performed this stage in the treatment of artificial crowns is a guarantee of the quality of orthopedic treatment. Ensuring a stable geometry of the stump, a ledge of sufficient width on the abutment and the absence of defects on its surface, the clarity of the preparation margin and the correct ratio with marginal periodontal tissues are the most significant criteria for the quality of the intervention. In addition, the quality of the odontopreparation of the orthopedic profile is influenced by the clarity of adherence to the selected algorithm of preparation and the properties of the rotary tool used. The available literature data indicate numerous deviations in the practice of dentistry from the recommended methodology of odontopreparation, which can be explained by the relatively high frequency of complications of treatment with non-removable orthopedic structures.
The purpose of the article is to analyze the key factors affecting the quality of fixation and the durability of the functioning of artificial crowns, based on an assessment of the basic principles of odontopreparation for this type of orthopedic structures and the reaction of periodontal tissues based on an analytical review of the literature.
Materials and methods. The article presents the data of the literature review on the main factors that are of great importance as the fixation and durability of the functioning of artificial crowns on the stumps of dissected teeth while observing step-by-step odontopreparation algorithms with provision of proper functional and desired aesthetic requirements without negative influence on the condition of the tissue.
Conclusion. Based on the analysis of literary sources, it was concluded that the key factors affecting the quality of the formation of the tooth stump to be prosthetized, subject to step-by-step odontoperational algorithms with the creation of conditions for high-quality fixation and durability of the functioning of the artificial crown, ensuring the proper functional and desired aesthetic requirements without negative impact periodontal tissues can significantly reduce the manifestation of unwanted complications, and as a result to increase the effectiveness of prosthetics with artificial crowns.
2. Homan MV, Mayboroda YuN, Zaborovets YA, Belaya EA. [Influence of non-removable prosthetic structures on the condition of the pulp and periodontal of the supporting teeth (literature review)]. Kuban Scientific Medical Journal. 2016; 6:151-6.
3. Motorkyna TV, Polyanskaya OH, Shemonaev VY. [Possible complications in the stages of using solid cast metal-ceramic structures. Methods of prevention and treatment]. International Journal of Experimental Education. 2011; 12:24-6.
4. Yanishen IV. [Reasons for quality decline and its prediction at the stages of clinical operation of fixed denture structures]. Bulletin of problems of biology and medicine. 2014; 2(4):345-9.
5. Markskors R. [Non-removable dental restorations]. M .: Newdent News Agency Newdent; 2007. 43 с.
6. Palyvoda II. [Influence of artificial crowns on the condition of the marginal periodontal of the supporting teeth]. Ukrainian dental almanac. 2011; 3:49-51.
7. Parkhomenko AN, Motorkyna TV, Shemonaev VY. [Investigation of the effect of different algorithms of tooth preparation under crowns on the outcome of orthopedic treatment]. Bulletin of new medical technologies. 2018; 3:15-21.
8. Ram HK, Shah RJ, Agrawal HS. Evaluation of three different tooth preparation techniques for metal ceramic crowns by comparing preparation depths: An in vitro study. J Indian Prosthodont Soc. 2015; 15(2):162-7.
9. Lesnykh NY. [Methods and principles of preparation of hard tissues of teeth in the clinic of orthopedic dentistry: a method. rivers. for dentists, students, interns and clinical residencies of dental faculties]. Voronezh; 2004. 31 с.
10. Al-Dwairi ZN, Bashatwa MM, Lynch E. Assessment of posterior teeth preparations for metal-ceramic crowns. Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent. 2015; 23(3):141-9.
11. Yoon SS, Cheong C, Preisser JJr, Jun S, Chang BM, Wright RF. Measurement of total occlusal convergence of 3 different tooth preparations in 4 different planes by dental students. J Prosthet Dent. 2014; 112(2):285-92.
12. Ramusʹ MO. [Clinical aspects of odontopreparation of hard teeth tissues under metal-ceramic structures]. Bulletin of problems of biology and medicine. 2010; 4:243-7.
13. Doroshenko OM, Doroshenko MV. [Estimation of the condition of the marginal periodontal depending on the method of preparation of the supporting teeth during the manufacture of fixed denture structures]. Collection of scientific works of PL Shupyk NMAPE employees. 2013; 22(3):42-8.
14. Zhulev EN, Habysheva-Khlustykova SYu. [Clinical radiological evaluation of teeth covered with artificial crowns in the long term after prosthetics]. Kuban Scientific Medical Journal. 2012; 1(130):48-53.
15. Sapronova ON, Kusevytskyy LYa. [Factors of injury of the gingival margin of the supporting teeth in the early stages of prosthetics by non-removable structures]. Dentistry. 2008; 2:80-2.
16. Bida VI, Palyvoda II, Palʹchykov AV, Palʹchykova HV, Osnach RH, Chornenʹkyy IM. [Investigation of the effect of crowns on the status of marginal periodontal teeth]. Collection of scientific works of PL Shupyk NMAPE employees. 2015; 24(2):52-7.
17. Zhulev EN, Serov AB. [Influence of artificial crowns on the condition of the marginal periodontium]. Dentistry. 2010; 2:62-4.
18. Vadachkoria D, Vadachkoria O. Clinical protocols: preparation, impression and bonding of all-ceramic glass-based disilicate lithium crowns: review and case report. Georgian Med News. 2017; 265:94-8.
19. Dekalova AA, Ahkatseva RV, Khetahurov SK. [The study of the boundary permeability in the tooth-crown zone when fixing the crowns with different cements]. An electronic scientific and educational journal "Health and Education in the 21st Century". 2010; 12(6):301-2.
20. Verstakov DV, Kolesova TV, Dyatlenko TA. [Clinical aspects of odontopreparation with low crown of the supporting tooth]. Health and education in the 21st century. 2012; 14(4):328-9.
21. Dyatlenko KA, Verstakov DV. [Analysis of odontopreparation for solid cast non-removable denture structures]. Health and education in the 21st century. 2012; 14(3):228-9.
22. Shyllynburh H. [Fundamentals of non-seminal prosthetics]. Quintessence; 2008. 557 с.
23. Ayad MF, Johnston WM, Rosenstiel SF. Influence of tooth preparation taper and cement type on recementation strength of complete metal crowns. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry. 2009; 102(6):354-61.
24. Eroshyn VA, Boyko AV, Arutyunov SD, Perevezentseva AA, Apresyan SV. [Durability and durability of temporary fixed dentures]. Russian Journal of Biomechanics. 2013; 17(4(62)):106-15.
25. Vnukov YE, Harazha SN. [Influence of the design of metal-ceramic dentures on the condition of periodontal support teeth]. Gazette of the Volgograd state university. 2007; 3:70-3.
26. Zhulev EN, Teteryn AY, Epyfanov AS, Lebedev EH. [Long-term results of artificial crowns]. Modern problems of science and education. 2014; 5: Available at: http://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=14814
27. Marghalani TY. Convergence angles of metal ceramic crowns prepared by dental students. J Prosthet Dent. 2014; 112(5):1250-6.