FINDINGS ON THE CORRECTIVE EFFECT OF MINERAL DILUTED SODIUM CHLORIDE WATER FROM WELL NO. 1 OF OCHAKOV CITY UNDER THE CONDITIONS OF METABOLIC SYNDROME SIMULATION
In the experiment, the effect of low-mineralized mineral diluted sodium chloride water with internal use on the body of animals with experimental metabolic syndrome (MS) was studied. 60 female white rats were divided into three groups of 20 animals each. Group 1 consisted of intact animals; group 2 consisted of animals with MS; group 3 consisted of animals with MS model, which received diluted mineral water (DMW).
Objective: to investigate the effect of diluted mineral sodium chloride water from well No. 1 of Ochakov on the state of the organism of rats with the MS model.
It was found that the development of the MS model in rats of group 2 was accompanied by a violation of lipid-carbohydrate metabolism (a significant increase in the content of glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides), impaired function of the urinary system, and a significant increase in the body weight of the animals. Signs of the development of endogenous intoxication were revealed – a significant increase in the level of circulating immune complexes and an increase in the level of molecules of average weight. The suppression of detoxification processes was established, as evidenced by a significant increase in the content of creatinine and urea (p < 0.05); that is, there is a cascade of pathological changes from various body systems, which proves that MS is a multiple organ pathology. In rats of the 3rd group, the use of DMW led to a limitation of the development of pathological processes: it was established that the indicators of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism were restored – the level of glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride significantly decreased compared with the group of rats with uncorrected pathology. Weight gain was also significantly lower. The positive effect on the urine of the educational and excretory function of the kidneys, the restoration of the content of creatinine, urea, the level of average weight molecules, circulating immune complexes, and the activation of phagocytosis processes were determined, which contributed to a decrease in the intoxication load by increasing the detoxification capabilities of the body. The discovered effects indicate the presence of corrects the actions of the DMW in the conditions of experimental MS, which makes it possible to recommend further clinical trials.
2. Zhang J, Xu JH, Qu QQ, Zhong GQ. Risk of Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Events in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Women: A Meta-Analysis of Cohort Studies. Front Cardiovasc Med. 2020;7:е552421. doi:10.3389/fcvm.2020.55242.
3. Engin A. The Definition and Prevalence of Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 2017;960:1–17. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-48382-5_1.
4. Hoyas I, Leon-Sanz M. Nutritional Challenges in Metabolic Syndrome. J Clin Med. 2019;8(9):е1301. doi:10.3390/jcm8091301.
5. Potapova EA., Kharitonova LA. The formation of metabolic syndrome in gallstone disease in children. Experimental and Clinical Gastroenterology. 2016; (1):54-59. https://www.nogr.org/jour/issue/view/2/showToc.
6. Fändriks L. Roles of the gut in the metabolic syndrome: an overview. Journal of Internal Medicine. 2017;281(4):319–336. doi: 10.1111/joim.12584.
7. Krynytska I, Marushchak М, Birchenko I, Klishch I. Мarkers of endogenous intoxication in rats with diabetes mellitus combined with carrageenan-induced enterocolitis. Romanian Journal of Diabetes Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases. 2018;25(4):399–407. https://www.rjdnmd.org/index.php/RJDNMD/article/view/543.
8. Khnychenko LK, Sapronov NS. Stress i eho rol v razvitii patolohicheskykh protsessov. Obzory po klynicheskoi farmakolohii i lekarstvennoi terapii. 2003;2(3):2-154.
9. Akimenko MA, Kolmakova TS, Oksenjuk OS, et al. Development Features of the Endogenous Intoxication During Experimental Obstruction of the Urinary Tracts. RUDN Journal of Medicine. 2019;23(3):297–307. doi: 10.22363/2313-0245-2019-23-3-297-307.
10. Bakholdіna EI, Zolotareva TA, Oleshko AIa. Novyi metod biotestirovaniya proyavleniya endogennoi intoksikatsii. Svit medytsyny ta biolohii. 2013;4:63-65.
11. Mel'nik AA. Metabolicheskiy sindrom i risk khronicheskoy bolezni pochek. Pochki. 2017;6(2):80-90.
12. Dragomiretska NV, Babov KD, Gushcha SG, Zabolotna IB, et al. Application of mineral waters in the complex treatment of patients with gastroesophageal reflux diseas. Minerva Gastroenterologica e Dietologica. 2020. Mar 24;66(3):225–237. doi: 10.23736/s1121-421x.20.02601-x.
13. Quattrini S, Pampaloni B, Brandi ML. Natural mineral waters: chemical characteristics and health effects. Clin Cases Miner Bone Metab. 2016;13(3):173–180. doi:10.11138/ccmbm/2016.13.3.173
14. Zabolotna IB, Gushcha SG, Mikhailenko VL. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and mineral waters of Ukraine – opportunities of application (experimental-clinical studies). Balneo Research Journal. 2018; Sept 9(3):270–276.
15. Chopra AK. Metabolic Syndrome or Insulin Resistance: Evolution, Controversies and Association With Cardiovascular Disease Risk. Indian Journal of Clinical Cardiology. 2020;1(2):77–85. doi:10.1177/2632463620935030.
16. Ivanchuk MY, Chalaya EN, Muhina SY, Elizarov AN, Leonchuk AL. Metabolic Effects of Mineral Water. Medical Herald of the South of Russia. 2012;3:74–76. https://www.medicalherald.ru/jour/article/view/1224?locale=en_US.
17. Nica AS, Mitoiu B, Gheorghievici G, Clantau D. The Use of Mineral Therapeutic Waters in Metabolic Disorders – a Review of the Literature. Medicina Moderna - Modern Medicine. 2018;25(1):1–5. doi: 10.31689/rmm.2018.25.1.1.
18. Mineralni vody Ukrainy / Za red. E.O. Kolesnyka, K.D. Babova, – Kyiv: Kupriianova, 2005. 576 p.
19. Crespo PV, Campos F, Leal M, Maraver F. Effects of Sodium Chloride-Rich Mineral Water on Intestinal Epithelium. Experimental Study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021 Mar 22;18(6):3261. doi: 10.3390/ijerph18063261.
20. Nakaz MOZ Ukrainy vid 28.09.2009 r. № 692 «Pro zatverdzhennia metodychnykh rekomendatsii z metodiv doslidzhen biolohichnoi dii pryrodnykh likuvalnykh resursiv ta preformovanykh likuvalnykh zasobiv». https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0692282-09#Text
21. Yakovleva LV, Chorna NS, Lar'yanovskaya YuB. Vliyanie gustogo ekstrakta list'ev berezy borodavchatoy na razvitie nefropatii u krys na fone metabolicheskogo sindroma. Universum: meditsina i farmakologiya. 2016;5(27). https://7universum.com/ru/med/archive/item/3192.
22. Kovesdy CP, Furth SL, Zoccali C; World Kidney Day Steering Committee. Obesity and Kidney Disease: Hidden Consequences of the Epidemic. Can J Kidney Health Dis. 2017;4:2054358117698669. doi:10.1177/2054358117698669.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.