Introduction. The priorities of society are to save and improve the health of children. The state of adult’s population health depends on the state of health of younger generation. The significant role in the formation of children health belongs to living and educational conditions. The educational institution (school) is an important social and determinant factor in the formation of children’s mental and physical health. The purpose of modern educational institution is to create a pedagogical and health-preserving school space to ensure optimal functional state of the organism and a sustainable level of children school activity.
Nowadays, the modern school constantly increases the amount of information and mental load on schoolchildren. There is a lack of physical activity among pupils, unsatisfactory organization of nutrition, disturbed mode of rest, by day and at night, and other aspects of living conditions. That can lead to deviations in the health of children and adolescents and reduce the functional capacity of the body. Therefore, the problem of preserving the health of children and adolescents in the modern school needs to be studied and provided further recommendations.
The purpose of article is to analyze hygiene aspects of educational activity of pupils of general school and the impact of it on their health.
Materials and methods. The article presents review of the literature on the state of health of schoolchildren nowadays, the factors with negative influence upon their state of health, the features of the day regimen of pupils in general school and the aspects of the formation of health preserving behavior of them. Therefore, an important role in keeping up the health of schoolchildren is a properly organized day regimen. Rational, age-specific children’s day regimen allows pupils to alternate between different activities, provide optimal motor status, full rest, sufficient sleep duration that leads to the normal growth and development of children. The article not only reviews the rational day regimen organization, but the organization of the educational process in the school. Thus, the organization of education process in schools should be carried out in accordance with the basic hygienic requirements. The observance of these requirements prolongs the period of stable working capacity and prevents from fatigue and being exhausted. The hygienic principles of organization of schoolchildren education include the correspondence of the educational load to the age and individual characteristics of the child, the scientific organization of the educational process at school, providing the optimal training conditions.
Conclusion. On the basis of the analysis of the literature, it was concluded that the educational institution has a significant influence on the development of the health of schoolchildren both emotional and behavioral. That is why it is necessary to help schoolchildren to form behavior that will increase the protective properties of the body; fight bad habits; attract pupils to various activities and rest, provide satisfactory nutrition, optimal motor activity, development of physical culture, tempering and compliance with the rules of personal hygiene.
2. Ponomariova LI. [Features of health formation of modern schoolchildren at different stages of teaching]. Zdorovye rebenka. 2014; 2 (53), 35-38.
3. Kurseyeva OA. Gigiyenicheskoye obosnovaniye organizatsii zdorovyesberegayushchey deyatelnosti v shkole [avtoreferat]. N.Novgorod: N.Novgorod. gos. med. akadem.; 2007. 24 s.
4. Gozak SV. [Impact of the educational process factors on the schoolchildren health]. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2012; 3, 17-20.
5. Polyakova AN, Seleznyova EV, Denisova NB, Pozdnyakova TV. [The factors of school’s surroundings and pupil’s health]. Vestnik novykh meditsinskikh tekhnologiy. Elektronnoye izdaniye. 2013; 1.
6. Nyankovskyy SL, Yatsula MS, Chikaylo MI, Pasechnyuk IV. [Health status of schoolchildren in Ukraine]. Zdorovye rebenka. 2012; 5(40):109-114.
7. Moiseienko RO, Danylenko HM, Ponomariova LI. [The features of health dynamics of pupil of the primary and middle school]. Sovremennaia pedyatryia. 2013; 1(49), 13-17.
8. Tjazhkaja AV, Kazakova LN, Vasjukova MM, Antoshkina AN.[The health condition of middle school age children examined in one of gymnasium in Kyiv]. Zdorovye rebenka. 2011; 4(31), 12-16.
9. Nadim’yanova T. [Impact of school and family on formation of the bases of healthy lifestyle of junior students. Aktualni pytannia humanitarnykh nauk. 2015; 14, 283-288.
10. Lemak O, Sultanova ID, Ivanyshyn IM, Arlamovsky RV. Somatic health of schoolchildren of Prycarpattya. Scientific Review of Physical Culture. 2013; 3 (3):79-84.
11. Nyankovskyy SL, Yatsula MS, Nyankovska OS, Tytusa AV. [The dynamics of the health of schoolchildren in Ukraine according to the questionnaire survey]. Zdorovye rebenka. 2018; 5(13), 425-431.
12. Garkusha SV. Current trends in the health of children and young people in learning environments. Pedagogics, psychology, medical biological problems of physical training and sports, 2013, vol.10, pp. 7-11. doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.775315
13. Kuchma VR. Nauchnoye obespecheniye ukrepleniya zdorovia shkolnikov Rossii; I Kongress Rossiyskogo obshchestva shkolnoy i universitetskoy meditsiny i zdorovia: mater. kongr.; 2008; Moskva, NTsZD RAMN, s. 94.
14. Gushchenko A.V, Leshchenko Ya.A, Prussakova M.V. [Hygienic characteristics of learning load and somatic health in schoolchildren of senior school age]. Ekologiya cheloveka. 2010; 3, 40-43.
15. Dukynaite R, Dudaite J. Influence of School Factors on Students’ Sense of School Belonging. New Educational Review. 2017; 47 (1):39-52.
16. Koth CW, Bradshaw CP, Leaf PJ. A multilevel study of predictors of student perceptions of school climate: The effect of classroom-level factors. Journal of Educational Psychology. 2008; 100:96-104.
17. Gozak SV, Serykh LV, Stankevych TV, Savchenko GI, Makarova OV. [Health forming peculiarities among middle school age children in the educational institutions of different types]. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2008; 4(47), 53-56.
18. Lindsey MO, Catherine PB, Michael JF. Influence of Classroom and School Climate on Teacher Perceptions of Student Problem Behavior. School Ment Health. 2014; 6(2): 125-136.
19. Myronenko SH. [Adaptation ways to school loads of primary school children]. Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny. 2016;1(126),72-75.
20. Tolbatova EV [Psycho-pedagogical features of organization of educational activity of adolescent schoolchildren]. Nauchnyiy rezultat. Seriya «Pedagogika i psihologiya obrazovaniya». 2015; 1(3), 67-74.
21. Skrypchenko OV, Dolynska LV, Ohorodniichuk ZV. Vikova ta pedahohichna psykholohiia. K.: Prosvita. 2001/ 416 s.
22. Opanasenko LA. [Suchasni pidkhody do problemy navchalnoi diialnosti u starshomu shkilnomu vitsi]. Naukovyi visnyk MDU im. V.O. Sukhomlynskoho. Ser.: Psykholohichni nauky. 2012; v.1, 9: 184-189.
23. Kuchma VR, Efimova NV, Tkachuk EA, Mylnikova IV. [Hygienic assessment of the overwroughtness of educational activity in schoolchildren of 5-10 classes of secondary school]. Gigiyena i sanitariya. 2016; 95(6), 552-558.
24. Popov SV. Valeologiya v shkole i doma. SPb: SOYuZ. 1997. 256 s.
25. Wells J,Barlow J, Stewart-Brown SA systematic review of universal approaches to mental health promotion in schools. Health Education. 2003; 103 (4): 197-220.
26. Arshinskaya E. [School educational loads and their perfection by the students of educational organization of various types]. Kazanskiy pedagogicheskiy zhurnal. 2016; 4(117).
27. Nosko Y, Andreeva V. [Organization f the student’s health saving educational process]. Visnyk ChNPU. Seriia: Pedahohichni nauky. 2015; 130: 334-339.
28. Kot PV. Hygienic assessment of schedule training sessions of pupils of general educational establishments. In: Sbornik materialov konferentsii, Minsk: BGMU; 2016. pp. 242-245.
29. Kuchma V, Tkachuk E, Efimova N. [Hygienic assessment of the intensification of educational activity of children in modern conditions]. Voprosy shkolnoy i universitetskoy meditsiny i zdorovia. 2015; 1, 4-11.
30. Coltok L. [The intensification of the educational process as part of the modernization of higher school education]. Aktualni pytannia humanitarnykh nauk. 2015; 14: 275-282.
31. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro osvitu».VVR, 2017; № 38-39, st. 380.
32. Verbytskyi VV. [Formuvannia kliuchovykh kompetentnostei uchniv – osnovne zavdannia navchalnoho zakladu]. Formuvannia bazovykh kompetentnostei u vykhovantsiv pozashkilnykh navchalnykh zakladiv Hranmna. K, 2013; 32-37.
33. Andreeva O. [The study of family influence on the success of teaching the youngest students]. Internet-zhurnal «Naukovedeniye». 2014; 5(24).
34. Shchekina OA. [Family and school: harmonization of education values]. Vestnik KGUKI. 2015; 1, 3 s.
35. Kostanjevec S, Jerman J, Koch V. The Influence of Nutrition Education on the Food Consumption and Nutrition Attitude of Schoolchildren in Slovenia. US-China Education Review. 2012; 11: 953-964.
36. Polka NS, Yatskovska NYa, Platonova AG, Dzhurinska SN, Shkuro VV. et.al. [Peculsarities of day routine among senior aged schoolchildren]. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2013; 2(65), 30-35.
37. Puchkova AN, Tkachenko ON, Dorokhov VB. [The stabilizing role of daytime sleep with fatigue caused by continuous of mental work]. Sotsialno-ekologicheskiye tekhnologii. 2016; 1, 67-75.
38. Kuchma VR. Gigiyena detey i podrostkov. Moskva: GEOTAR-Media; 2008. 480 s.
39. Social determinants of health and well-being among young people : Health Behaviour in School-Aged Children (HBSC) study : international report from the 2009/2010 survey / edited by Candace Currie ... [et al.].
40. Barros RM, Silver EJ, Stein RE School recess and group classroom behavior. Pediatrics. 2009; 123 (2): 431-436.
41. Sydorenko TP, Berdnyk OV. Vplyv riznykh chynnykiv na protses formuvannia zdorovia zdorovykh pidlitkiv // Medychni perspektyvy. 2010; V.15; 4, 106-109.
42. Bodnar IR, Kindzera AB. Leisure of Ukrainian schoolchildren and place of motor functioning in it. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2016;5:10–18. doi:10.15561/18189172.2016.0502